I am repeating myself, but many people have been asking me the detail and get confused with other firmware for TVPad3 so I did a seperate post in here:
1) First of all, I was mistaken in the last post. If you upgrade from firmware 3.8 to 3.94, you WILL NOT lose the apps you currently have. However, I still suggest users to backup their current apps using latest Toolbox software (工具箱) just in case if something happens. You can always restore your apps with the backup. If you decide to back up, plugin your USB Flash Drive to TVPad2, open toolbox app and choose “backup/revert” (应用备份/还原) so you can get a clone of your current system that will backup all your settings and apps.
2) If you have V3.80 at stock (TVPad 2 m233), please update to V3.94. Download this to the root of your USB drive:
3) When I mean “the root” on your USB Flash drive, I mean to save the file WITHOUT saving into folders or directories
4) Plug that into TVPad and restart TVPad. Go to dashboard and go to “system setting” and choose “system upgrade” with your USB Flash Drive still plugin
5) It will take 5-10 mins to upgrade to firmware 3.94. Make sure you don’t power off during the upgrade, otherwise you can’t turn back on your TVPad and you have to return it to the manufacture!!!
6) Then you double check your firmware version by going to “system setting” and choose “system note” (系统信息)
7) Your apps should stay. If your apps are accidentally deleted, don’t worry, go to App manager and install “ToolBox” again. After installation, open toolbox and go to “backup/revert” (应用备份/还原) to reset your system back to the previous backup you saved on your USB Flash Drive.
It is not that difficult seriously. Some of my relatives and friends are hesitated to upgrade themselves and they want to send it back to me. I was like “this only takes you 10 mins and just follow my directions and it will be fine”.