A lot of people have asked me the same question after automatic upgrade – they can’t see TVB programs or they have lost their apps! This happens a lot for TVPad 2 Users with firmware 3.7. I already mentioned this a few months ago that please backup your app first before upgrading from 3.7:
Here are a few great apps for TVPad2 – firmware 3.8 and up!
Download them onto your USB drive and install them on your TVPad2.
(instructions posted below)
Your handy Youku player – browse and play HD videos from Youku directly on your TVPad2!
All videos are organized by categories and ratings. Very user-friendly. download .pkg file here – 优酷看看.pkg.zip
Most of the time when you received your TVPad, it will be pre-installed with bunch of apps that you might never use but they always show on the first page. It is a bit annoying to go all the way down to the last page and use your favorite apps. As a result, TVPad Toolbox app has come up with a way to allow you arrange and group your favorite apps to your first page on dashboard:
1) Download the latest Toolbox app (工具箱) from TVPad Store (You need firmware 3.7+)
2) Open Toolbox app and select “Program Rearrangement”
1) When you see “USER DOES NOT EXIST or can not be Authenticated” errors, most likely the Internet is down. Please check if there is “!” in the network icon at the bottom right hand corner. If there is no “!” sign, go to system setting and then network setting. Click “get it now” again to restart the IP address and see if TVPad can refresh and get the new IP address.
2) Streaming video froze in the middle – either the internet connection is slow or the hosting server is slow during the peak time when everybody is watching at peak time. Stop the video, then click play again, then choose “resume” video and sometimes it can fix the issue
3) If you use Ethernet Powerline adapter, if possible, please plug into the power jack on the wall instead of a power strip. Sometimes power strip also works, but I have found the best performance with wall jack.
4) Please do not rely on Wifi connection for TVPad2. I know this is frustrating, but 80% of my customers’ complaints come from Wifi connection. Basically the problem is resolved when they start using wired connection with CAT5 cable.
5) Sometime TVB shows from 港粤快看 will be cut off for no reasons. You really can’t do anything on this except switching to 粵海寬頻2 where they have recorded up to 3 days of shows.